Skip to main content

Anniversary of My New Life

Today, January 6, is the one year mark from the day I left my ex-husband. If you have read much of my blog, you know that I'm doing really well. So much has changed in my life since that day one year ago.

I decided to leave in December, but I couldn't leave right away. I would have if I was in physical danger, but I wasn't. Since I was fine physically, I decided to stick around long enough to have some repairs done to my car, decide what to take right away and what to pack up for a future moving day, and allow my in-laws to celebrate the holidays joyfully.

The weird, leaving-but-not-leaving-yet period was very strange. My ex took the news of my leaving pretty well, and told me that he wanted me to be happy in the long run. I was a wreck emotionally, and he actually tried to comfort me at times. Sometimes I let him. I needed the comfort, and he's the one that was there, at home. And at the time, I didn't WANT to leave him.

Finally, The Day came. In some ways, it was like any other Saturday morning, which was extremely strange. I got up, took a shower, then we went to one of our favorite places for breakfast. I remember getting an awesome huge pumpkin pancake. We went home, and I finished packing my toiletry items that I was waiting until the last minute to do. My mom and Tiffany got there around noon. My ex used his work hand-truck to put one or two of my heaviest things in the cars. Tiffany left, and Mom went out to the car to give me some privacy to say goodbye. I hugged him, said goodbye, and left with tears running down my face. When I got to the car, I told my mom I would be okay. I still remember her saying, "I know you will."

Was she ever right!

It's been a year now, and I'm doing just fine.  I have people that I enjoy being with. I have a zest for life again. I have hopes and dreams for the future. It's amazing to have come this far in 365 days!

I'd like to show you two pictures of me. The first is from November 2017. The second is from a year later.



Look at my eyes. I know the quality of the recent picture is much better because my sister-in-law is an awesome photographer! But even without that, I look so much happier and healthier in the second picture. My mom made a comment that the light had gone out of my eyes back then, but it's back now! I thank God for that! That's all I have for today. I just wanted to share this milestone with you all.

Comments

  1. It sounds like you are on the right track. I'm happy that you are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing well, I really do. We're both so much better off now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Must They Think?

It's been too long since my last post. I have nothing to say for myself, except that life has been happening. I've had a migraine today, so this may not be very eloquent. But something has come to mind a few times lately that I want to discuss. If you've read my blog before, then you know my story, or at least part of it. It's not pretty by any means! I was a young woman hoping and praying to meet an amazing man who would sweep me off my feet. Then I met someone who seemed so amazing, and we were both smitten, and we got married and lived happily ever after. Except we didn't. We got married, and after a while I slowly started to realize what a huge mistake I had made. I was in a painful mess. You probably know that, but it's a recap for any first-time readers. (And please check out some of my other posts) Every once in a while I'll be in a conversation with someone about things that I went through in my marriage, and I can't help but think, "W

In Case You Were Wondering...

I've been thinking I should probably write a post to clear up a few questions that some people may have about my blog and its purpose.  I'm going to try to do that today. My blog is to help me heal emotionally, and hopefully help someone else who is going through something similar. I want to tell people that need to hear it that change can come to their lives, and they can be strong enough to take steps that they need to take. Some of you may be wondering how I feel about marriage now that I've been wounded so much by someone who was supposed to love me. I still believe in marriage. I've seen too many good marriages to believe that good marriages don't exist. Of course they require a lot of work by both people involved for it to be that way. I do feel like it's not fair that I went into marriage willing to give it my best, and my husband went into it...I don't know. I like to think he probably had good intentions at first. But he certainly didn't

The Biggest Difference Between Now and Then

There are many things that are different, now that I have left my husband. I  live in a different part of the state. I live with my parents again until I can get some things figured out financially. I'm attending the church I attended before moving away when I got married, but there is a new pastor now. I no longer have the security a wife has (or should have) of someone taking care of her. I know my family will take care of me, and my church will. No one will ever let me be without things I need. I'm driving an old Toyota I've had forever, because my husband got to keep the newer car. I wouldn't have wanted to bring the payments with me, along with the newer car, so there is that. I loved my role as a full-time housekeeper/cook/domestic goddess when I was with my husband. When I left, I knew I would have to polish up my resume and find employment. At this point I've only had temporary jobs, but something will open up. It's not easy reinventing myself.